August 3, 2017 Uniondale, NY- Members of the staff of Taekwondo Life Magazine joined the press corps at Long Island’s Nassau Coliseum/NYCB Live for PFL-5, an evening of professional mixed martial arts of the highest caliber.
Of particular interest to our readers was the Lightweight match of Taekwondo trained Robert Watley against Will Brooks on the main fight card. Watley (11-1-0) lost the match in a decision, but showed true Taekwondo spirit and perseverance in this hard fought battle. In Brooks’ ringside remarks on his victory, he discussed how he specifically trained for a “ground” game out of respect for Watley’s Taekwondo background and knowledge of his kicking superiority.
We look forward to following other Taekwondo trained PFL athletes as they pursue their share of the $10 million dollars Professional Fighters League has on the line for these athletic contenders..
- Brian Foster (28-10) vs. Natan Schulte (12-3)
- Vinny Magalhaes (15-9) vs. Brandon Halsey (11-3)
- Rashid Magomedov (22-2) vs. Luiz Firmino (20-9)
- Maxim Grishin (27-7) vs. Rakim Cleveland (19-9-1)
- Will Brooks (19-4) vs. Robert Watley (11-1)
- Dan Spohn (17-5) vs. Artur Alibulatov (19-3)
- Islam Mamedov (15-1) vs. Efrain Escudero (30-13)
- Thiago Tavares (21-8-1) vs. Arthur Estrazulas (10-3)
- Chris Wade (12-4) vs. Yuki Kawana (14-2-5)
One thought on “TKD Life Magazine Joins the PFL For An Explosive Night of Mixed Martial Arts”